Navigating the complexities of the criminal justice system can be a challenging task, especially for those who are unfamiliar with the intricacies of criminal law. This is why it’s crucial to have the right legal help when dealing with criminal law matters.
What is Criminal Law?
Criminal law is a system of laws concerned with punishment of individuals who commit crimes. It sets out what behavior is considered criminal and outlines the penalties for these offenses. Unlike civil law, which resolves disputes between individuals, criminal law is designed to maintain order in society and protect the public from harmful acts.
When Should You Seek Legal Help for Criminal Law?
The right time to seek legal help in criminal law matters is as soon as you are aware that you are being investigated or have been charged with a crime. Early legal advice can help you understand your rights, the legal process, and the defenses that may be available to you.
Legal Matters Under Criminal Law
Criminal law encompasses a wide range of legal matters related to crime. Here’s a brief overview of the most common ones:
- Felonies: Serious crimes such as murder, rape, burglary, kidnapping, or arson.
- Misdemeanors: Less serious crimes like petty theft, public intoxication, simple assault, disorderly conduct, trespass, vandalism.
- White Collar Crimes: Non-violent crimes committed by business and government professionals, such as fraud, bribery, insider trading, embezzlement, computer crime, identity theft.
- Drug-Related Crimes: Offenses related to the possession, use, sale, or manufacturing of illegal substances.
Free Resources for Criminal Law
There are several free resources available online for those seeking advice on criminal law matters. Here are a few:
- The National Legal Aid & Defender Association: Provides a directory of legal aid and defender programs across the country.
- The American Civil Liberties Union: Offers resources on civil liberties issues, including those related to criminal law.
- The Innocence Project: Provides free legal assistance to the wrongly convicted.
How Does Criminal Law Free Legal Advice Hotline Work?
Our Criminal Law Free Legal Advice Hotline is designed to provide you with the legal advice you need. When you call, your call is routed to our 3rd party partners who are experienced in the field of criminal law. These legal experts will do their best to help direct you in the right direction and assist you in making the correct decisions. They can provide advice on a range of criminal law matters, from understanding your rights to navigating the criminal justice system.